Wednesday, December 31, 2008

On Second Thought . . .

that song kinda sucks.

*

What we're bringing to the party tonight, assuming the roads get better:

Double Bastard for me; some type of red wine for Jess
Charlie's Cornbread, modified to include asiago, habanero and chipotle (a mere hint)
Mushroom, jicama, baby spinach salad with homemade roast red pepper and jalapeno dressing

Since we really want to get back in time to sleep in our own home, we're not going too crazy. But we well celebrate nonetheless with Macarena and Ana.

Side note: I was able to a big bag of habaneros today for a buck. I mixed the rest with some chipotles, various vinegars, red sea salt, and white vinegar to make my first successful hot sauce.

My face was burning. I was not wearing gloves. At one point I had to break and give Jess instructions in the even that my cooking killed me.

Now that's a hot sauce.

*

Speaking of hot, I do have the yellow underwear.

For those who don't follow my facebook page, I've been searching for a pair since it's a requirement that we wear them tonight. Something to do with Columbia, good luck, and Macarena's twisted fashion sense.

I wear see the new year in while wearing canary yellow boxers. This better bode well, Columbia!

No comments:

Post a Comment