Monday, January 19, 2009

Billymix

At the end of the month, I'm having a few friends over for slow-cooked pork and homemade beer.

Billy claims to be coming. His girl is going away on vacation, so we have plans to drink beer and listen to music when the party ends. I told him I'd make a "billy mix" on my ipod, with Springsteen, Fogelberg, Sinatra, Lightfoot, and other artists known for sentiment and sincerity. He wants to hear music he can cry to. Music that makes him think about his grandfather. I will do my best.

The long winter has given me my fill of drink, but this seems like something I must do, simply on the grounds of friendship alone.

4 comments:

  1. Does this mean you're not watching St Pierre vs Penn? It's the same night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh. I guess not. I've been planning this for weeks now . . . I'll just drive to my bros the next day and watch it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be missed good sir. Don't know who's hosting yet. I really want to host one at some point but the wife gives me grief about not being to seat everyone. I tell her BJJ guys are used to the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw, you're time zone is off by 3 hours.

    and my word verification glyph said "prefuct"

    ReplyDelete