Saturday, January 10, 2009

Octopus Loaf

Unfortunately, we had to cancel the party tonight because of the threat of the storm. I'm not too happy about it, but so it goes.

As for the octopus dish, it turned out very well. The octopus was tender and mild -- almost too mild. I suspect I could have given this dish to just about anyone and they would have to be told that there was octopus in it. If I did it again, I would use a little less tomato and more octopus.

I'm pleased that my hot sauce is popular in the house. It is being used up at a faster rate than Frank's, the household favorite. I noticed this today when using it to season my dish.

*

I walked to the local used book store and picked up a book on bread and another on the relationship between serial killers and the Black Dahlia murders. I'm generally not so interested in that subject matter, but the book was cheap, beautifully designed, and focused on what seems a really off the wall subject. There are pictures of serial killer victims next to Dali paintings. That's all I needed to see. Ah, psychology! The mysteries! The depth of the cavernous human mind. Coffeetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment